By now, we all are well versed with skin care and cosmetic products and why we should use it. Without any further ado! Let’s talk about the growth of organic cosmetics in the beauty market.
In the beauty industry, the term ‘organic’ means an ingredient or a brand that has been certified by at least one of the zillion certifying establishments. It also carries a logo of the certifying agent which ensures that the product has passed certain standards to be titled as ‘certified organic product’.
The Organic Indian cosmetic and cosmeceutical market is evolving expeditiously and the actual cause of this growth is assortments of startups, building new challenges and making the most of the revolutions.
Now the question is : Why is the organic cosmetics market growing?
The reasons why organic cosmetics market is growing and people are switching to organic beauty products are mentioned below :
- Organic skincare and beauty care products contribute towards your skin by providing assured added benefits to your skin and minimizes the risk of skin inflammation and allergies by reason of containing pure plants driven ingredients without any involvement of ruinous chemicals.
- We only have one mother earth, by taking care of that we are protecting both the ecosystem and humanity. Demand for chemical based products includes greater awareness of its harmful impacts on planet Earth. Organic beauty products are environmentally friendly which is why people are looking progressively at organic beauty products.
- Want to know about the darker side of the beauty industry ? Yes, that’s animal testing. How pity is the thought of harming animals for that perfect beauty product. Organic beauty products are a win-win situation for all the beauty maniacs and animal lovers, since no animal is harmed and tested on while checking the efficiency of the product.
There is a paradigm shift in buyer’s awareness about health and wellness resulting in the increasing number of organic beauty products in the market. The online platform of providing organic beauty products is a solitary key source used by consumers to look for the best organic products according to the skin type. Hence, resulting in establishment of many e-stores for organic cosmetics business and expected to show an upward trend. The market is divided into two divisions for male and female. Progressively, 75% of women are more indulged into the practice of organic skincare around the globe. Withal, younger generation in the country are much more attentive and conscious about the environment’s health and their own health which can be a major cause of organic product’s growth in the beauty sector.
Organic beauty market is currently a sweet spot which might result in more strong and long term growth. In accordance with the current cosmetic market plot, consumers are invariably looking for eco friendly and certified organic products which are free from noxious chemicals and also are atrocious and unacceptable for health and habitat. Governments of different countries are taking initiatives of promoting and encouraging more use of organic and natural products for a sustainable environment.
According to a research report, the Global Organic cosmetic market is projected to register a compound annual growth rate of over 13% during 2016-2021. For a country like India whose purchasing power is comparatively higher, resulting in the growth of India’s organic cosmetic market by compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 17.27% by value during 2017-22. Moreover, the global natural and organic cosmetics market size is expected value of USD 48.04 billion (approx).
Growing at the rate of CAGR of over 13%, India is all set to become one of the top 5 global markets by revenue till the year 2025. All of this started with opening various organic e-stores, promoting organic goods on social media sites like facebook, twitter and Instagram, practicing vedas and evaluating homegrown practices.
Key topics covered :
- Organic beauty and products
- Reasons of the switch towards organic beauty sector
- Paradigm shift of awareness about health and wellbeing.
- Establishment of organic e-stores.
- India’s and Global CAGR
Source of the blog :
- Market insider
- Techscire Research
- Business of beauty