Organic products have taken the world by storm, and for all the right reasons, as people are becoming more aware of the things that they include in their lives. Beauty products are a big part of our lives, so it only makes sense that even beauty products come in organic forms to choose from.
Organic beauty products are the natural, more sustainable alternatives to chemical laden beauty products. Organic beauty products use ingredients that are derived from nature, and in doing so, excludes commonly used ingredients that can potentially be toxic, irritating for the skin and harmful for the environment. Organic beauty products are also usually vegan and cruelty-free, and are sustainable and environment-friendly.
The common misconception regarding organic beauty products is that they come with a heavy price tag. Organic beauty products are usually more costly as compared to their alternatives, because a lot more time and effort goes into the creation and formulation of these products. However, there are also many reliable and well known brands that offer organic beauty products at a very affordable price, so do not be scared away by the price factor. If you are looking to get your hands on an organic product at a better price, buying it online is a great option, as products are usually on sale online.
Here are a few things to keep in mind while buying an organic beauty product online:
- Correct ‘Organic’ Certification: The term ‘organic’ is used as an umbrella term, and beauty products come with different certifications that determine the type of organic product that it falls under. It is important that you carefully look at the certification of the product you want to buy to ensure that it matches your requirements. Organic products come in three different types:
- “100 percent Organic”: The products that are labelled as 100 percent organic have all certified organic ingredients in their formulation.
- “Certified Organic”: The products that are labelled as ‘certified organic’ have a minimum of 95% certified organic ingredients in their formulation.
- “Made with Organic Ingredients”: The products that are labelled ‘made with organic ingredients’ contain about 70% to 90% of certified organic ingredients in their formulation.
- Ingredients List: Whenever you buy a beauty product, it’s advisable that you look at the ingredients list carefully to determine if any ingredient can be potentially harming for you, allergic for your skin or if it contains the ingredient that you are specifically looking for. This is even more important when you are buying an organic product online, since you cannot try out the product before buying it. Checking the list of ingredients ensures that you are buying exactly what you are paying for. Some products that are labelled ‘organic’ contain only a small amount of organic products in their formulation, so if you are looking to buy an organic beauty product, make sure that at least the majority of the ingredients are certified organic.
- Do your research: Buying a product online for the first time can be a hit or miss. To avoid being stuck with a product that might not work for you, look at the reviews of that product online and determine your decision based on them. For example, if you are looking to buy a skincare product, look for the review of a trusted skincare blogger or influencer who is known to post honest reviews. Similarly, if you are looking to buy a complexion product, look online for an influencer or blogger who is close to your skin tone and check their reviews. This will give you an idea of what the product might look like on you and you can make a more informed decision based on it.
- Buy in bulk: Organic beauty products are ‘clean’ in the sense that they do not use chemicals in their formulation. However, chemicals also help in increasing the longevity of a product, and using all natural products in their formulation means that organic beauty products do not have a very long shelf life. If you find a product that you like, it is advised that you order it in bulk, as the unopened products will last you for quite some time and will save you from the hassle of having to order every time you finish one product.
- ● Pay attention to the dates: As mentioned earlier, the all natural ingredients formulation of an organic product gives it a comparatively shorter and limited shelf life. It is thus very important that you pay attention to the dates mentioned on the product, and use it only until the recommended time from the time of opening it. Even though it might feel harmless to use a product for just a little time beyond the recommended time, it can potentially be very harmful for you.
Organic products are the products that use natural ingredients instead of chemical-laden ingredients. Because they are made from natural ingredients, they do not have a very long shelf-life, and they come in three different kinds of certification that determine the amount of natural ingredients used in the products. Remembering some simple tips and doing proper research about the product will help in ensuring that the product is right for your needs.